Weight Loss via MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, September 26, 2011

I Just Want To Be a Big Loser

I love Fall. The leaves change color, it cools down outside, holidays are fast approaching and the Fall TV shows seasons begin. One of my wife's and my favorite shows is The Biggest Loser.

We like The Biggest Loser not only because it is a good, family-friendly show, but also because of how much it motivates us to exercise and get in shape. There's just something about watching people change their lives, not just physically, but also emotionally and mentally, that drives us to lose weight and get fit.

Last Spring, I would often watch an episode of Biggest Loser with my wife, then head off to the gym. I was motivated. That show helped us have a stronger desire for exercise and healthy eating.

I lost 19 pounds during that season of Biggest Loser.

So this Fall, I am hoping for a similar experience. Knowing myself, I need as much motivation and support as I can get. It helps to have not only my wife, family, friends and social networks to get me motivated, but also my lazy past-times. That's why I love Biggest Loser. My favorite past-time, watching TV, motivates me to get off my butt and work out. But only when my show is over.

Biggest Loser is especially good for us now since we have recently been watching a lot of shows on the Food Network. That channel doesn't often motivate me to stop eating and exercise. So thanks, Biggest Loser!

If you have any other ideas or recommendations for me to stay motivated, I would love to hear them. I love comments on how I can become a big loser! (I'm totally setting myself up for some awesome comments with that last sentence)

1 comment: